Saturday, January 29, 2011

Making Progress

As I posted earlier, I am making it my business to put a little fun back into my life, to get my bucket list started, blah, blah, blah. 

Fun....check.  Work on bucket list...check!  (You can see her progress by clicking on the link on the right side of the page.)  Yes, I actually accomplished a little bit of both this week.  Yay me!

Fun Stuff
I enjoyed a "mom's night out" on Friday. Yes, you heard me right.  Yes, this coming from the one who is usually ready to go to bed around 8:30.  And yes, I HAD SO MUCH FUN.  I got together with girlfriends from my "old job".  Gals I have known for a long time...oh how times and things have changed.  We played Pokeno and talked and laughed and ate (and drank a little - drank, drunk, drinked?) and laughed some more.  AND - wait for it - I didn't get home until midnight.  Yep, you heard me right.  But I handled it like a champ.  Of course, it is 9:00 as I'm writing this and all I can think about is going to bed ;-) 

I also started a MeetUp group for working / commuting moms in my area.  So far I've had two people join.  My sweet neighbor whose arm I didn't have to twist too much at all, and another person who saw my ad for the group.  So excited to see if it will get off the ground.  If so, more fun to be had!

And perhaps, the most fulfilling fun of all was when Big B and I took Little A to Monkey Joe's today.  I know what you're probably thinking..."she had FUN at Monkey Joe's with all the screaming and the running and the jumping?"  Trust me, that is what I thought when we first walked in.  But I have to say, Little A is a bit of a daredevil when she wants to be.  And to see her jump and hurl herself down a slide as fast as she possibly can is the best - that smile makes it all worth it.  Not to mention the fact that she is fast asleep because of said screaming, running, and jumping!

Can't wait to see what fun we can muster up next week...cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm thrilled you stopped by...I look forward to reading your comments.